cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tony Dahbura <dahb...@aopslab.com>
Subject Re: Example of an order by clause on a query
Date Sat, 07 May 2011 16:10:31 GMT
thanks!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Baldwin" <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net>
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2011 2:46:33 PM
Subject: Re: Example of an order by clause on a query

Tony,

this is very simple.  First create a SelectQuery based on the class then pass it an Ordering
object.  You have the option to order using the DBMS or once you have the result set.  It
is less resource intensive to let the DBMS do it.

	SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(Event.class); // Select Query
	query.addOrdering(new Ordering(Event.NAME_PROPERTY, SortOrder.ASCENDING)); // order by name

Joe

On May 6, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Tony Dahbura wrote:

> I am trying to find an example of using an order by on a cayenne query. I was hoping
to have it sort the information using the database versus locally which cayenne seems to support
either.