cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: DB2 helpful hint
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 14:23:21 GMT
Hi Andrew,

It is odd that unrecognized driver could cause issues with Cayenne EventManager threads, so
maybe the driver issue is separate?
The "memory leak" warning in Tomcat is often related to the app's failure to shutdown EventManager.
Checking the archives, we discussed that before: http://markmail.org/message/3m2pxfunrfhzgxck

WebApplicationContextFilter was fixed in Cayenne 3.0.1 per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1467
so it should no longer cause this message. Also if you are not using WebApplicationContextFilter
and manage Cayenne stack yourself, you will need to take care of the EventManager shutdown
in your code. E.g. check the "destroy" method here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/tags/3.0.1/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/conf/WebApplicationContextFilter.java

Andrus

On May 6, 2011, at 5:08 PM, Andrew Willerding wrote:

> I hope you don't mind me posting this here as hopefully this helps somebody else trying
to deploy a web app under tomcat 6.0.32 using DB2 Version 7.  (I know it's old but I had no
choice)

> I was struggling to get the application to load and it was refusing to deploy at all.
 I kept getting the errors listed below.

> It turns out that the IBM "jar" library file db2java.zip must be renamed to db2java.jar
for it to get loaded.  I believe that this is a tomcat issue and not a cayenne issue because
when I loaded the library in the Cayenne Modeler, cayenne was able to access the database.