cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Willerding <awillerd...@callistacti.com>
Subject DB2 helpful hint
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 14:08:26 GMT
I hope you don't mind me posting this here as hopefully this helps
somebody else trying to deploy a web app under tomcat 6.0.32 using DB2
Version 7.  (I know it's old but I had no choice)

I was struggling to get the application to load and it was refusing to
deploy at all.  I kept getting the errors listed below.

It turns out that the IBM "jar" library file db2java.zip must be renamed
to db2java.jar for it to get loaded.  I believe that this is a tomcat
issue and not a cayenne issue because when I loaded the library in the
Cayenne Modeler, cayenne was able to access the database.

Andrew

SEVERE: The web application [/Survey] appears to have started a thread
named [ca
yenne-edt-12217363-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to
create a
  memory leak.
May 6, 2011 9:41:46 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferen
cesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/Survey] appears to have started a thread
named [ca
yenne-edt-12217363-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to
create a
  memory leak.
May 6, 2011 9:41:46 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferen
cesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/Survey] appears to have started a thread
named [ca
yenne-edt-12217363-2] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to
create a
  memory leak.
May 6, 2011 9:41:46 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferen
cesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/Survey] appears to have started a thread
named [ca
yenne-edt-12217363-3] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to
create a
  memory leak.