cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Update schema
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 06:51:07 GMT
Hello.

I use the migrate-stuff during startup of my application. However, I have a filter that only
exectutes non-destructive merge-tokens. That is, I only executes CreateTableToDb, AddColumnToDb,
AddRelationshipToDb, SetValueForNullToDb and SetColumnTypeToDb that expand the maxLength.
I have used this in production for a couple of years and it has been very useful.

I should probably include this in a MergeStrategy to fit easier as an alternative to CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy,
but my time for cayenne are unfortunately just to little these days. Perhaps someone else
would.

When changing the schema, there is a need to run some application specific logic for some
of the entities. This task is not handled by the migrate-stuff in cayenne.

Regards,
 - Tore.