cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 logging and jetty
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 10:22:33 GMT
Hi Tore,

I am also using Jetty 7. My preference is to configure logging per app (instead of per container),
so I am not very familiar with per-container options. I am using Log4J (you may use another
logger, so configuration advise will be different) and not using any defaults, configuring
logging "subsystem" explicitly in a startup servlet.

So... In the app I'd place log4j.properties either under WEB-INF/ or under WEB-INF/classes/
(doesn't mater as long as you can obtain a URL of this file either via ServletContext or ClassLoader).
Then load this file into Properties object, then bootstrap Log4J PropertyConfigurator with
these Properties. After that you can turn off the new logger by adding this line in log4j.properties:

log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne.log.CommonsJdbcEventLogger = WARN

Andrus

On May 5, 2011, at 1:00 PM, Tore Halset wrote:
> Hello.
>
> We are using 3.1M2 in jetty 7.3.0. For production I want to turn off the logging done
by CommonsJdbcEventLogger. I got this to work with earlier versions of cayenne and a different
servlet engine, but are stuck now. My log files are growing with GBs each day.