cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Easy way to update objects
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:49:19 GMT
If what you want to do is copy your detached objects values into a
non-detached object in the database....

You could use the metadata in the Cayenne model to iterate over the
attributes and relationships of the detached object and set them on
the matching object from the database.    I have done this in years
past to clone complex object graphs in WebObjects, and Cayenne has the
same API available.   A single method would work for any kind of
object -- you would not have to write a specific method for each
entity.

You might also be able to do this by serializing your object, then
unserializing it to a new data context -- I think I did this in a
Cayenne 2 project a few years back.