cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build from trunk
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:36:38 GMT
>> Yes, I already saw there is no code. But mvn eclipse:eclipse should
>> not fail imho even when there is no code in it. Probably I simply want
>> to edit the html files with my favourite eclipse plugin.
>
> If we can fix it, I won't argue against it :-)

I will give it a try later ;-) basically I guess its about the
exclusion of the index.html file.

> I don't see the target folder in SVN. There's only src folder here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/trunk/docs/doc/

Probably I am an idiot sometimes, please forget it. Sorry

> There are reasons and I'll be happy to discuss them. But please start a separate thread
on the dev list with the corresponding subject.

Will do

>>> So with the above in mind, what are you planning to do with Cayenne in Eclipse?
Very likely you just need a smaller subset of modules.

>> I work on a Project A and would like to add the eclipse projects as
>> dependency, not only the jar files. But as I learned now, I am not
>> sure if this is possible.
>
> Let's put it this way - this wasn't the target use case for us. Still it is possible,
but you will need only a few modules in Eclipse - cayenne-di-unpublished and cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished.
You can safely ignore the rest. The runtime component is not that big. Tests and various support
tools create this whole Maven complexity.

Yes this actually works. I have these two + c-server and c-client in
my classpath.
Doing it that way helps me going into Cayenne easier.

>> org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataDomainLoadException:
>> [v.${project.version} ${project.build.date} ${project.build.time}]
>> Configuration file "CayenneFilter.xml" is not found.
>
> How do you bootstrap CayenneRuntime? This error is about a failure to locate your project
XML file.

For some reason my config file is named cayenne.xml which works fine
with the prepared package. But when I use the trunk version, it needs
this file renamed to CayenneFilter.xml. I was forced to remove the
<domains> tag and just put <domain> in it.

When I did the renaming, i get another exception. It seems to me
Cayenne finds my map, but for some reason this ex is thrown:

org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataDomainLoadException:
[v.${project.version} ${project.build.date} ${project.build.time}]
Error loading DataChannel: '[v.${project.version}
${project.build.date} ${project.build.time}] Invalid class
org.apache.cayenne.conf.DriverDataSourceFactory of type
org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataSourceFactory'
	at org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataDomainProvider.get(DataDomainProvider.java:100)
	at org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataDomainProvider.get(DataDomainProvider.java:1)
	at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.CustomProvidersProvider.get(CustomProvidersProvider.java:38)
	at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.FieldInjectingProvider.get(FieldInjectingProvider.java:42)
	at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultScopeProvider.get(DefaultScopeProvider.java:49)
	at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultInjector.getInstance(DefaultInjector.java:107)
	at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.FieldInjectingProvider.injectMember(FieldInjectingProvider.java:93)
	at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.FieldInjectingProvider.injectMembers(FieldInjectingProvider.java:58)
	at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.FieldInjectingProvider.get(FieldInjectingProvider.java:43)
	at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultScopeProvider.get(DefaultScopeProvider.java:49)
	at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultInjector.getInstance(DefaultInjector.java:103)
	at org.apache.cayenne.configuration.web.SessionContextRequestHandler.requestStart(SessionContextRequestHandler.java:71)
	at org.apache.cayenne.configuration.web.CayenneFilter.doFilter(CayenneFilter.java:95)

Any ideas?

Thanks
Christian