cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automatically creating database schema
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2011 15:38:57 GMT
Actually i have made the same experience. It worked 1 time, then never
again. But I didn't track it, I used the migration tool in the
modeller.

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Odd. Configuration seems correct. So what do you see in the logs when Cayenne starts
in your application?

> Andrus
>
> On Feb 20, 2011, at 4:48 PM, Thorben Wallmeyer wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm working with Cayenne and I'm trying to automatically create a schema when cayenne
connects for the first time the the configured databse. Therefore I've slighty changed my
cayenne.xml file, so that it looks like:

>> <node name="MeTexNode"
>>         datasource="module/storage/MeTexNode.driver.xml"
>>         factory="org.apache.cayenne.conf.DriverDataSourceFactory"
>>         schema-update-strategy="org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy">
>> <map-ref name="MeTexORM"/>
>> </node>
>>

>> So, I've added the attribute "schema-update-strategy" but nothing happens - no tables
are generated. So what I'm doing wrong? Can you send me a simple, working example?

--
http://www.grobmeier.de