cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unique Indexes with the modeller
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:20:32 GMT
> Also note that the underlying argument about this feature is whether CayenneModeler (and
consequently map.xml) should include general DB admin functions not relevant to the ORM. Even
though back in 2005 I said "I am for adding more DB admin functions to the Modeler", I am
still on the fence on whether it is a good idea. In this particular case I guess I won't object
to a working implementation.

I am very +1 on adding this feature to the modeller. Even when it may
go further to standard ORM, the modeller cannot be used alone for
working with cayenne. On the other hand there is no chance to prevent
the loss of indexes when the db schema is regenerated.

Imho I would stop when it comes to adding users to a database or
re-enter passwords or something like that.

Thanks for the explaination anyway

--
http://www.grobmeier.de