cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
Subject Re: How to create a new datacontext based on a datacontext
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:13:29 GMT
Uhh.... injection again. Not in my repertoire as of writing :-)

I'm using this code from within a subclass of
CayenneDataObject, so I don't know who created the
DataContext that this CayenneDataObject lives in.

Can I get from a CayenneDataObject to a CayenneRuntime?

I coded up the below which allows me to create a new
DataContext with only the information in a DataContext:

	/** Duplicate code from deprecated method as we have no other way
	 * to create a new DataContext based on an existing one.
	 */
	public static DataContext createDataContext(DataContext dataContext)
	{
		DataDomain r = dataContext.getParentDataDomain();

		DataRowStore snapshotCache = r.isSharedCacheEnabled() ?
				r.getSharedSnapshotCache() :
			new DataRowStore(r.getName(), r.getProperties(), r.getEventManager());

		DataContext context = new DataContext(r, new ObjectStore(snapshotCache));

		context.setValidatingObjectsOnCommit(r.isValidatingObjectsOnCommit());
		return context;
	}

--
Øyvind Harboe

Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?

US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 87 40 27

http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html
ARM7 ARM9 ARM11 XScale Cortex
JTAG debugger and flash programmer