cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne 3.1 - how to create autoadapter
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:45:23 GMT
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> There is a new constructor for AutoAdapter:
>
>   public AutoAdapter(Provider<DbAdapter> adapterProvider)

How do I create a Provider<DbAdapter>?

I searched for examples in the Cayenne code, but what
I found was in the DefaultDbAdapterFactory and I was
not able to trace that back to anything that I could call.

Is it just me or is it harder to search Cayenne code in e.g. Eclipse
when injection is used? I think I had more success using
the Cayenne source code as documentation,
before injection entered the picture.

>> While injection is an implementation detail, it is used in the
>> documentation:
>
> We are still trying to write the Java classes managed via
> injection in a manner that should not prevent their creation
> in the code.

A word of wisdom from K&R comes to mind:

'simple things should be simple and hard things possible'

Except for the deprecated methods, I think I've finished
porting to Cayenne 3.1 though! Some nice new features
allowed me to delete code. Always nice!

--
Øyvind Harboe

Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?

US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 87 40 27

http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html
ARM7 ARM9 ARM11 XScale Cortex
JTAG debugger and flash programmer