cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Thorben Wallmeyer <thorben.wallme...@t-online.de>
Subject Automatically creating database schema
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2011 14:48:07 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm working with Cayenne and I'm trying to automatically create a schema
when cayenne connects for the first time the the configured databse.
Therefore I've slighty changed my cayenne.xml file, so that it looks like:

<node name="MeTexNode"
          datasource="module/storage/MeTexNode.driver.xml"
          factory="org.apache.cayenne.conf.DriverDataSourceFactory"

  schema-update-strategy="org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy">
<map-ref name="MeTexORM"/>
</node>

So, I've added the attribute "schema-update-strategy" but nothing
happens - no tables are generated. So what I'm doing wrong? Can you send
me a simple, working example?

Best,

Thorben