cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Skladaniec <mar...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Unique Indexes with the modeller
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:45:55 GMT
This is my thinking as well.
Indeed I have unique indexes defined on the database level. After
reading this thread it seems like I need to remove them until cayenne
adds support for it.

Thanks.
Marcin

On 17/02/11 12:11 AM, Michael Gentry wrote:
> I think this discussion kind of ties into Marcin's question yesterday
> (which I haven't had a chance to thoroughly read his latest reply).  I
> believe Marcin's problem is the unique index was defined outside the
> model and Cayenne doesn't know that it needs to do a delete before an
> insert on the record he is having problems with.  If the unique index
> information was kept in the modeler, that could potentially help order
> operations better.
>
> Just guessing.  :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> mrg
>

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Andrus Adamchik<andrus@objectstyle.org>  wrote:
>> On Feb 16, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>>
>>> I am very +1 on adding this feature to the modeller. Even when it may
>>> go further to standard ORM, the modeller cannot be used alone for
>>> working with cayenne. On the other hand there is no chance to prevent
>>> the loss of indexes when the db schema is regenerated.
>> A "complete" implementation would probably store index definitions in Cayenne .map.xml.
So on Cayenne end they become first class citizens, just like tables, PKs, etc. And when DB
generation is done from the Modeler they will also be generated.