cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Just a question about Cayenne 1.1
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 22:20:34 GMT
Hi Adriana

Cayenne 1.1 is so old that it predates my involvement in the project. You can always ask questions
on the user list (which I have cced to this email) and perhaps someone will be able to help.
However I do recommend that you plan on upgrading Cayenne within your project. This is usually
easy to do and rarely involves more than superficial changes.

Naturally, as an open source project, you have all the source code. So there aren't the same
EOL, EOS, etc dates. You can continue to obtain support and bug fixes for any version of Cayenne
as long as you find someone with the skills [1]. Nothing prevents you from maintaining Cayenne
1.1 forever and applying bug fixes as necessary. However it will be much easier to get things
fixed for free (that is, engage with the community) if you upgrade to the current production
release.

Ari

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/commercial-support.html

--