cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Bruno René Santos <brunor...@holos.pt>
Subject Re: Error on BaseContext - object is modified when committed is expected
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:35:36 GMT
In the init() phase of each portlet (I'm using liferay) I call the
DataContext.createDataContext() to create a DataContext that is used
throughout the application (always the same instance, I create an object
that is passed as parameter to all other objects). And yes my app is not
readonly but I also do not try to write on the view... Have you ever
thought how we could handle these cases near the comment you left on the
code? Could I try like a commitChanges there? Any ideas are welcome :)

Thanx
Bruno

Em 24-01-2011 10:18, Andrus Adamchik escreveu:
>>   I am developing a web application so it is possible that some thread is interfering
on the refreshing of the Object Cache?
> This depends on how you share a DataContext. If your app is not read-only, DataContext
should not be shared.

> Andrus
>
> On Jan 24, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Bruno René Santos wrote:
>
>> HoVPlanoContas is a view. And yes the id 129 exists. On that piece of code you're
expecting a committed object but you're getting a modified one... I am going to analyze a
little further why on this region of code this happens (On other parts I dont get this error).
But it would help to know the purpose of this PrepareForAccess method and how the object starts
as HOLLOW and all of a sudden it is supposed to be committed (but in the end is modified...).
I am developing a web application so it is possible that some thread is interfering on the
refreshing of the Object Cache? Any other ideas?

>> Thanx
>> Bruno
>>
>> Em 24-01-2011 09:43, Andrus Adamchik escreveu:
>>> Can you confirm that there is a record for HoVPlanoContas in the database with
id of 129? Is it reproducible?

>>> Andrus

19:38:17] Error resolving fault for ObjectId:<ObjectId:HoVPlanoContas, id=129>   and
state (modified). Possible cause - matching row is missing from the database.

  | Gestor de Projectos | Analista | Programador | Investigador

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error please notify Bruno René Santos by telephone on +351 210 438 686