cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Bruno René Santos <brunor...@holos.pt>
Subject Re: Left Outer Joins without expressions
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 23:37:26 GMT
Hello Andrus,

In Mysql the generated join is:

... from table1 join table2

which is an inner join... I needed a

... from table1 left join table2

Regards
Bruno

Em 05-01-2011 18:20, Andrus Adamchik escreveu:
> IIRC in 3.0 PrefetchTreeNode.JOINT_PREFETCH_SEMANTICS generates an outer join by default
(???)

> Andrus
>
> On Jan 5, 2011, at 2:14 AM, Bruno René Santos wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Is there any way to create a left outer join without using an actual path on the
query expressions? I tried something like this:

>> query.addPrefetch(HoTiposFechoContas.TO_HO_TABLE_PROPERTY + "+").setSemantics(PrefetchTreeNode.JOINT_PREFETCH_SEMANTICS);
>>
>> but cayenne raises an exception because of the concatenated '+' sign.
>>
>> Regards
>> Bruno
>> --
>> Bruno René Santos | brunorene@holos.pt<mailto:brunorene@holos.pt>  | Gestor
de Projectos | Analista | Programador | Tech Hunter

>> Holos - Soluções Avançadas em Tecnologias de Informação S.A.
>> Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia de Almada/Setúbal . Edifício Madan Parque
>> Rua dos Inventores . Quinta da Torre . 2825 - 182 Caparica . Portugal
>> Phone: +351 210 438 686 . Fax: +351 210 438 687 . Web: www.holos.pt
>>

>> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error please notify Carlos Fazenda by telephone on +351 210 438 686

--
Bruno René Santos | brunorene@holos.pt <mailto:brunorene@holos.pt> |
Gestor de Projectos | Analista | Programador | Tech Hunter

Holos - Soluções Avançadas em Tecnologias de Informação S.A.
Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia de Almada/Setúbal . Edifício Madan Parque
Rua dos Inventores . Quinta da Torre . 2825 - 182 Caparica . Portugal
Phone: +351 210 438 686 . Fax: +351 210 438 687 . Web: www.holos.pt

addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
notify Bruno René Santos by telephone on +351 210 438 686