cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Error on BaseContext - object is modified when committed is expected
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:18:48 GMT
>  I am developing a web application so it is possible that some thread is interfering on
the refreshing of the Object Cache?

This depends on how you share a DataContext. If your app is not read-only, DataContext should
not be shared.

Andrus

On Jan 24, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Bruno René Santos wrote:

> HoVPlanoContas is a view. And yes the id 129 exists. On that piece of code you're expecting
a committed object but you're getting a modified one... I am going to analyze a little further
why on this region of code this happens (On other parts I dont get this error). But it would
help to know the purpose of this PrepareForAccess method and how the object starts as HOLLOW
and all of a sudden it is supposed to be committed (but in the end is modified...). I am developing
a web application so it is possible that some thread is interfering on the refreshing of the
Object Cache? Any other ideas?

> Thanx
> Bruno
>
> Em 24-01-2011 09:43, Andrus Adamchik escreveu:
>> Can you confirm that there is a record for HoVPlanoContas in the database with id
of 129? Is it reproducible?

>> Andrus
>>
>> On Jan 24, 2011, at 3:03 AM, Bruno René Santos wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Im having an error when I access an object:
>>>
>>> Caused by: org.apache.cayenne.FaultFailureException: [v.3.0.1 Aug 25 2010 19:38:17]
Error resolving fault for ObjectId:<ObjectId:HoVPlanoContas, id=129>  and state (modified).
Possible cause - matching row is missing from the database.
>>>    at org.apache.cayenne.BaseContext.prepareForAccess(BaseContext.java:171)
>>>    at org.apache.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.readProperty(CayenneDataObject.java:230)
>>>
>>> When I go to the line 171 of BaseContext there is this comment from Andrus:
>>>
>>> // TODO: andrus 4/13/2006, modified and deleted states are possible due to
>>>                // a race condition, should we handle them here?
>>>
>>> Why this happens? Any solutions?
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>> Bruno
>>> --
>>> Bruno René Santos | brunorene@holos.pt<mailto:brunorene@holos.pt>  | Gestor
de Projectos | Analista | Programador | Investigador

>>> Holos - Soluções Avançadas em Tecnologias de Informação S.A.
>>> Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia de Almada/Setúbal . Edifício Madan Parque
>>> Rua dos Inventores . Quinta da Torre . 2825 - 182 Caparica . Portugal
>>> Phone: +351 210 438 686 . Fax: +351 210 438 687 . Web: www.holos.pt
>>>

>>> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error please notify Bruno René Santos by telephone on +351 210 438 686