cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Wiesmann <awiesm...@somap.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: deprecate XML package in 3.1
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 15:08:01 GMT
Hi there

> the issue in the subject is being currently discussed by Cayenne developers (see the
message from dev below). Anybody's using XML serialization now? If so I'd like to hear how
you deal with all the deficiencies of this package?

Yes, actually both, serialisation and deserialisation. We thought it is
a nice way to have snapshot files. A snapshot file is just a zipped
container containing a manifest file and one or multiple files
containing data. One table represents a single file, XML formatted.

Since all our tables have UUID as primary keys snapshot files make it
possible to allow road warriors to easily take data on the road and
later check it back into the main database...

It is quite convenient to have some support from Cayenne for this.

Cheers,
Adrian