cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Composite entity model
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 22:32:05 GMT
Hi Malcolm,

thanks! I guess that can be used as a basis for a JAXB marshaller implementation.

(BTW, I received the attachment in a copy of a message that was sent to my bypassing the list
and it was stripped from the list message).

Andrus

On Nov 9, 2010, at 5:14 PM, Malcolm Edgar wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Please take a look at the attached code which marshalls between ValueObject (POJO) and
CDO.

> regards Malcolm Edgar
>
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> I wish somebody just wrote a marshaller for CDO. One day I may do it if nobody beats
me on it.

> Andrus
>
> On Nov 7, 2010, at 7:37 PM, Marek Šabo wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Would it be possible to generate entities not as children of CayenneDataobject but
as self composite objects with a CDO field? I'm not gonna ask for implementation - I'm just
curios if I may redefine such behavior in my projects. Because sometimes we work with API
that really, really screws with inheritance, for one, JAXB marshalls all the way to the top
and to stop such behavior one has to annotate every superclass, which is nonsense.