cayenne-user mailing list archives

From ЄЖЄRSoN CმStმNЄDმ S <eme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some questions
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:35:56 GMT
Hi André

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM, André Rothe <arothe@phosco.info> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not familiar with Cayenne, so I have some question to come to a
> decision about the usage ohi Cayenne in the current project.
> Is it possible to use multiple databases with Cayenne? We have written some
> code to load JDBC driver dynamically on runtime, so we can provide
> additional databases without restarting the application/server. Is it
> possible to use such a feature with Cayenne? The database schemas are
> different too...

Yes it is possible, I can handle 3 connections at same time between
different data sources (Postgres, Oracle and Derby)

> The database schemas of the application increase at runtime, is it possible
> to create new Cayenne-like classes at runtime?

I am not sure about that, but you should be able to load the new
obj-entities - db-entities at runtime. It is possible recharging the data
context without restarting the application/server

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/obtaining-datacontext.html

> Is there any bigger open-source project, which I can test to see Cayenne
> "in action"?

I don't know about how big it is in your opinion :), but i am sure an useful
example   is:  http://www.avoka.com/click-examples/home.htm, Apache Click
examples in  the main menu  at integration option, you have 4 examples using
cayenne framework

> Thanks a lot
> Andre

EmeCas