cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Raw delete
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:02:41 GMT
I've done this in the past:

    QueryChain  chain = new QueryChain();

    // Add raw SQL templates to the chain.
    chain.addQuery(new SQLTemplate(Customer.class, "DELETE FROM Customers"));
    chain.addQuery(new SQLTemplate(Item.class, "DELETE FROM Items"));
    chain.addQuery(new SQLTemplate(LineItem.class, "DELETE FROM LineItems"));
    chain.addQuery(new SQLTemplate(Order.class, "DELETE FROM Orders"));

    // Execute all of the SQL statements.
    dataContext.performNonSelectingQuery(chain);

Keep in mind that isn't a good thing to do if you are concerned about
your in-memory object graphs (DataContexts/etc) suddenly becoming
out-of-sync.  Also, if you don't need to do multiple deletes, you
don't need the query chain part.

mrg