cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Marc Guenther <y...@schli.ch>
Subject a query does not see newly inserted objects?
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:34:53 GMT
Hi,

maybe that's a stupid question, but is there a way to make a query aware of newly inserted
objects?

I have a DataContext. I insert some object into it (a user), and then, without committing
the context to the DB, I query it for all users. The newly inserted user does not show up.

The query is a normal SelectQuery. I tried playing around with caching strategies and isRefreshingObjects,
but it didn't work.

Is this the expected behaviour? Is it even possible to do this?

I tried this, because I have a process which does lots of small changes, and some of the later
ones depend on former changes. At the moment I commit every change into the DB at once, but
I wanted to delay that till everything is finished, and then do it in one big commit.

So I tried to setup a parent/child context, and commit only to the parent in the child. But
then I get failures later in the process cause the earlier changes are not visible to it.

Marc