cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Bruno René Santos <brunor...@holos.pt>
Subject MySQL error - connection reset
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:59:58 GMT
Hello all,

Yesterday I left an application running with cayenne on a tomcat server (left
the browser opened), using JNDI, and when I came today and tried to use it again
I got the error in attachment. It seems mysql resetted the connection with
cayenne during the night. One of the things that made me choose Cayenne over
Hibernate was under the assumption that connections were made with the database
server only when needed (on performQuery or commitChanges) but on this situation
it seemed that the connection was permanently opened and cayenne tried to use it
again (like hibernate).

Perhaps I am doing something wrong and so I needed some clarification on this
issue.

Thank you

Bruno Santos