cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tobias Schoessler <tobias.schoess...@gmail.com>
Subject NPE in BaseClassDescriptor
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:07:17 GMT
I am running cayenne 1.2.4

I wonder if there is an easy explanation for this NPE.

I am deploying as a webapp with cayenne.jar  and the mapping DataObjects and
mapping files packaged in a separate jar.

This setup usually works. On some context on production I see this NPE .

        at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.property.BaseClassDescriptor.getDeclaredProperty(BaseClassDescriptor.java:173)

        at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.property.BaseClassDescriptor.getProperty(BaseClassDescriptor.java:163)

        at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.interceptRelationshipQuery(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:214)

        at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.execute(DataContextQueryAction.java:88)

        at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:1423)
        at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:1412)

        at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContextFaults$ToOneFault.doResolveFault(DataContextFaults.java:144)

        at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContextFaults$ToOneFault.resolveFault(DataContextFaults.java:117)

        at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.readProperty(CayenneDataObject.java:245)

        at
org.unodc.applications.cms.cayenne.auto._WebPage.getToWebPageState(_WebPage.java:457)

any idea? Is cayenne not finding its cayenne.xml inside the jar?

thanks a million.

Tobias