cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: many to many relations and default values for the association table?
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:29:14 GMT
Normally, you just don't flatten those relationships if you need to
access (set/get) additional fields out of the join table.

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Marc Guenther <yoda@schli.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the usual flattened User <<-->> Group many to many relationship with
a association table in between. My problem is, in the association table I have an attribute,
which I want to set to a certain default value.

> But when Cayenne creates a new entry in the association table, all attributes except
the fk/pks are set to null. Is there any way to specify a default for the attributes there?

> I tried to also map the association table to an ObjEntity, but that never gets used,
this flattened stuff seems to be handled at a lower level.