cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Child Contexts
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:37:47 GMT

On Sep 22, 2010, at 2:17 AM, brd@holos.pt wrote:

> Can I use a Cayenne client on each portlet and create a cayenne server on a
> servlet to receive their requests? this way all database communication is
> done by the servlet and not by all portlets.

This is possible, but it will add not insignificant performance overhead (a second object
layer plus communication between server and client layers), so if portlets and servlets are
within the same webapp, I'd suggest you to investigate creating a connection pool in your
container, and mapping it via JNDI in Cayenne:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/using-jndi.html

Andrus