cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne 3.0.1 released
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:59:55 GMT

On Sep 7, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> * Create a source cayenne assembly

I should explain a bit about this one. There is a new distribution file - cayenne-3.0.1-src.tar.gz
that contains all Cayenne sources (not just a subset as it used to). The source distro is
buildable with Maven following these instructions: http://cayenne.apache.org/building-cayenne.html
E.g. this can be useful if you want to customize Cayenne locally without having to deal with
SVN checkouts, etc. (although we as Cayenne developers would still prefer if you contribute
back your changes ;-)).

Also addition of the source distro means that we no longer include sources in any of the binary
distros.

Andrus