cayenne-user mailing list archives

From emanu...@mengozzi.com
Subject Keeping hessian servlet session active with a rop client
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:34:13 GMT
I've a swing application using cayenne ROP, i had problem with session
timeout of the hessian servlet, so far in order to avoid long session
timeout, i implemented a thread preforming the following:

    DataChannel channel;

    public void run() {

        for(;;)
        {

            this.channel.getEntityResolver();

            try {
                Thread.sleep(120000);
            } catch (InterruptedException ex) {
                Logger.getLogger(Instance.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
null, ex);
            }
        }
    }

it issue a bootstrap message every 12 seconds.

I didn't find a better way to doit, using cayenne 2.

I wonder, since im planning to switch the application to cayenne 3, for
both Nested Context and Paginated queries for ROP, is there a better way
to "ping" Hessian servlet to keep session active?