cayenne-user mailing list archives

From gilbertoca <gilbert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: many to many relations and default values for the association table?
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:39:36 GMT

Marc Guenther wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the usual flattened User <<-->> Group many to many relationship
> with a association table in between.

Since you are using flattened relationship (user.id + group.id), will need
to manage one site (User will manage) of it through the other (Group will be
managed).

Marc Guenther wrote:

> My problem is, in the association table I have an attribute, which I want
> to set to a certain default value.

When the association table has attributes, that means you relationship needs
an obj-entity to set/get those attributes (in your case: UserGroup)

Using this design you can set default values to UserGroup. See this
discussion [1].

Hope this help,

Gilberto

[1]http://cayenne.195.n3.nabble.com/default-value-from-the-modeler-td718395.html