cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Gary Jarrel <garyjar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange insertion of UPPER when Ordering by TIMESTAMP in SQL Server
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 00:10:08 GMT
> Just curious, did you use SortOrder.DESCENDING_INSENSITIVE?
>
> mrg

Yes that is the case, I've just had a look through my code and it is
being set. The reason though is that we have a small generic DAO
package which has methods such as

findObjectsByParameters(Class<T> objectEntity, Map<?, ?> params,
OrderedMap<String, Boolean> ordering);

It then build the query and executes it, however by default when
adding Ordering it uses SortOrder.ASCENDING_INSENSITIVE and
SortOrder.ASCENDING_INSENSITIVE,

I would have thought that the the case insensitivity would be applied
only to String based fields and ignored for Date fields?

Thank you

Gary