cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Victor Antonovich <v.antonov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Escaping of characters in like/likeIgnoreCase expressions
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:50:42 GMT
Hello!

25.08.2010 17:21, Michael Gentry wrote:

> Hi Victor,
>
> What does your Expression.fromString() look like?
>
> If I recall correctly, a % or _ in the substitution map will
> automatically be escaped for you, but the actual fromString("...")
> part will not.
>
> mrg

Thank you for the reply. Actually string expression for passing to
Expression.fromString() is composed from LDAP-like query by ANTLR
generated parser. For example, LDAP expression "(someProperty=a*b*c)"
will be transformed into Cayenne query "(someProperty like a%b%c)", but
what is Cayenne representation of LDAP expression like
"(someProperty=%*b*%)"?

Regards,
Victor.