cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tomas Stenlund <tomas.stenl...@telia.com>
Subject Cayenne 3.0 and DataViews/DVModeler
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:39:51 GMT
Hi,

as I have understood the dataviews and dvmodeler has been cut out of th
cayenne project and is no longer maintained. Nevertheless I have kind of
fallen in love with cayenne during my evaluation of it and also would
like to have a look at dataviews and dvmodeler to see if it fits my
needs. I understand that this is the user forum for cayenne but maybe
someone can at least point me onwards if so.

So, therefore I have compiled the dataview/dvmodeler svn source on my
machine. So far so good, no problems.

But when I try to open up one of my cayenne 3.0 projects in dvmodeler no
objentities are shown and no errors are shown. I started to debug the
dvmodeler and found out that it fails to find the children (obj-entity)
of the data-map node.

CayenneProject.java

List elements = elem.getChildren("obj-entity");

It fails because the XXXXXXmap.xml file has a
xmlns="http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/3.0/modelMap" causing the
getChildren above to fail. If I change the getChildren call to also
include the namespace it works or if I remove the xmlns from the
XXXmap.xml file. Then I can work with dvmodeler.

So far so good, but when I reload the project into CayenneModeler it
rewrites the namespace again and also removes any dataviews in the
cayenne.xml. So, I need to have different configurationfiles for
cayennemodeler and dvmodeler.

So now to my question, does anyone have any thoughts on starting to
maintain dataviews/dvmodeler ?

If there are no such plans yet, If I find any changes/corrections due to
bugs or whatever that I would like to make during my evaluation of this,
are there anyone maintaining the dvmodeler svn source or do I keep those
changes to my self :-)

Is anyone using dataviews with 3.0 ?

Cheers and thanks for a very interesting framework,

Tomas