cayenne-user mailing list archives

From matero <mat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Mapping views with modeller
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:48:57 GMT
Thanks Andrus.

So, to map a view, I need to  create it on my DB, then import it with the
modeler and then map it.
Or I should create the DbEntity as a normal one (putting all its attributes as
read-only) ?

Is it possible from the meta-model maintained by cayenne determine if an
ObjEntity maps a table or a view? this could be used to define which class
extend in the velocity template avoiding update / insert operations.
If it is not possible, then I should used some kind of convention on
tables/views names but I prefer to use the cayenne meta-model.

Finally, is there a way to tell the modeler "don't try to assign a PK to this
kind of entity" (in hibernate there is a "assigned id" strategy whih does this).

Sorry for my poor english and to bother you with this questions.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
matero