cayenne-user mailing list archives

From cosmin.mar...@podium-it.com
Subject Commit performance degradation
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:15:32 GMT
Hello,

While developing an application using Cayenne I noticed that the
performance of  DataContext.commitChanges()  degrades with the number of
commits done.

To be more specific, I have a model with two entities: Result and
ResultStream, with a many to one relation from Result to ResultStream.

The test I do is simple: I generate a lot of Result objects, all linked to
the same ResultStream and I call commit after each Result added to the
DataContext and measure the time it takes to perform the commit. I notice
that this time grows fairly linear. Of course, the growth is noticeably
after generating many results.

Attached is the test source.

If I don't make the link between result and resultStream, the performance
is not degrading

Could you please help me with some advice?
Is this a known issue, can it be fixed by tweaking cayenne?

Many thanks,
Cosmin