cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Gary Jarrel <garyjar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XMLEncoder / XMLDecoder
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:39:10 GMT
On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> On a side note, I am not a big fan of our XML coding implementation. It is
> DOM based and is not very scaleable. I started writing an XStream-based
> replacement in sandbox:
>
> *
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cayenne/sandbox/cayenne-serialization/?pathrev=814869
> * http://markmail.org/message/ljngasncx6jur6ud
>
> But then my own itch to solve it disappeared, so that was put on hold. IIRC
> it is usable for most object subgraphs, but not optimized for all scenarios.

I've been looking at using XSteam as well, seems interesting, however
I have a need to serialize only a small number of objects so perhaps
the current implementation would do the trick as well. XStream seems
quite easy to use, may give it a god just for the fun of it.

If I have decoded an object from XML is there an automated way to tell
that the decoded object has a representing record in the database.
Just having a look all the objects after being decoded have NEW as a
Persistence State. I tried to also serialize the primary key during
the serialization process, but when decoding it, it still has
persistence state new.

Thank you

Gary