cayenne-user mailing list archives

From cosmin.mar...@podium-it.com
Subject Re: Commit performance degradation
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:53:34 GMT
Hello,

Yes, I am on Cayenne 3.0 release.

I profiled the test but got a bit lost. Eclipse profiler is not very easy
to use and cayenne is quite complex.

>From what I have seen, ObjectStore.postprocessAfterCommit() takes a lot of
time.

Actually, from my two tests (I set the relation -> slow, I don't set it ->
constant time) I noticed that postprocessAfterCommit() takes much more
time in the first case.

If you have an idea on what to look for in a profile or for a better test,
let me know, I will do the tests.

Thanks,
Cosmin

Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> This is odd indeed. Are you on Cayenne 3.0?
>
> I am not aware of this issue. All operations involved are constant time
ops regardless of the number of objects previously cached (such as entry
lookup in a HashMap or a list.add(..) operation).

> So I may try to run this code in profiler to see why it is slowing down.
If you have access to a profiler and willing to profile it yourself,
this will help a lot of course :-)