cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Commit performance degradation
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:51:49 GMT
Hi Cosmin,

Thanks a lot for letting us know about the problem and for filing a
Jira. I was able to reproduce it and even create a pretty chart in
OpenOffice showing smooth linear slowdown. There was a piece of code
in the ObjectStore with O(N) performance. Interestingly at the time
when this code was written, I vaguely recall considering it a
"performance optimization" :-)

Anyways, I will commit a fix for 3.0 and 3.1 shortly. It will be
included in the upcoming 3.0.1. My new chart is showing constant
performance (even with a slight improvement as the number of objects
goes up, probably due to HotSpot).

Andrus