cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Wiesmann <awiesm...@somap.org>
Subject Re: XMLEncoder / XMLDecoder
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 15:40:26 GMT
> Am I able to use the XMLEncoder to serialize a list of data objects. I
> can see the XMLDecoder has a decodeList method, however the XMLEncoder
> does not appear to have a public encodeList method?

Some while ago we wrote a backup and restore feature into our tool:

http://somap.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/somap/sobf_tool/src/org/somap/sobf/database/backuprestore/

Please have a look at Backup.java and Restore.java.

Basically we filled a ZIP file. This file contained a Manifest file
which contained the names of the tables stored in that specific zip
archive. Every table was written as a separate XML file which was stored
in the same zip file.

Cheers,
Adrian