cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Kuhns, John" <jku...@AimNTLS.com>
Subject BaseContext in servlet
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:16:22 GMT
I am attempting to set a reference to a pojo containing some user info for use during updates/inserts.
On reading the documentation early on, 3.0RC1 or so, I believed I could use setUserProperty
and the context would be reused within a given session. However it appears that BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext()
does not return the same context ever.

In my web.xml I have:
	<filter>
		<filter-name>CayenneFilter</filter-name>
		<filter-class>org.apache.cayenne.conf.WebApplicationContextFilter</filter-class>
	</filter>
	<filter-mapping>
		<filter-name>CayenneFilter</filter-name>
		<servlet-name>/*</servlet-name>
	</filter-mapping>

I then implemented HttpSessionAttributeListener in my class and used the following code within
it:

	public void attributeAdded(HttpSessionBindingEvent arg0) {
		ObjectContext ctx = null;
		try{
			ctx = BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext();
		}catch(Exception e){}

		if(ctx != null){
			BaseContext.bindThreadObjectContext(ctx);
			ctx.setUserProperty("myData", this);
		}
	}

The code gets hit and the property is set, but every subsequent call to BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext().getUserProperty("myData")
returns null. If I explicitly set the user property with every request, all works fine. Am
I missing something?

John Kuhns