cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Pavan <prog.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Transaction STATUS problem
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 19:53:39 GMT
Hi,
I have a very strange problem with Cayenne 3.0 and Derby Embedded database.
When i execute my application, first runs a query, then when runs the second
one (different from first), it raise this exception:

Exception in thread "Thread-5" org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException:
[v.3.0 Apr 26 2010 09:59:17] Global exception.
at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.nextGlobalException(DataDomainQueryAction.java:553)
 at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:258)
at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.runQuery(DataDomainQueryAction.java:422)
 at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.access$000(DataDomainQueryAction.java:69)
at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction$2.transform(DataDomainQueryAction.java:395)
 at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.runInTransaction(DataDomain.java:840)
at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.runQueryInTransaction(DataDomainQueryAction.java:392)
 at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.execute(DataDomainQueryAction.java:121)
at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onQuery(DataDomain.java:743)
 at
org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.runQuery(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:333)
at
org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.execute(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:96)
 at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:1278)
at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:1267)
 at minica.server.actions.CANewCertAction.doAction(CANewCertAction.java:46)
at
minica.server.parsers.CANewCertParser.parseMessage(CANewCertParser.java:37)
 at minica.server.CASocketReceiver.run(CASocketReceiver.java:73)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Transaction must have
'STATUS_ACTIVE' to add a connection. Current status: STATUS_COMMITTED
at
org.apache.cayenne.access.ExternalTransaction.addConnection(ExternalTransaction.java:64)
 at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode$TransactionDataSource.getConnection(DataNode.java:365)
at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:248)
 ... 15 more

The second query is executed in a different thread.
This is a code I use to get the DataContext object:

public ObjectContext getContext() {
        try {
            return BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext();
        } catch(IllegalStateException e) {

 BaseContext.bindThreadObjectContext(DataContext.createDataContext(false));
            return BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext();
        }
    }

Both queries are simply SelectQuery:

1.
   ObjectContext context =
CertificationAuthority.getInstance().getContext();
   SelectQuery select1 = new SelectQuery(DBCertificate.class);
   List<DBCertificate> l = context.performQuery(select1);

2.
   ObjectContext context =
CertificationAuthority.getInstance().getContext();
   Expression clause = ExpressionFactory.matchExp(DBUser.NAME_PROPERTY,
subject);
   SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(DBUser.class, clause);
   List<DBUser> result = context.performQuery(query);

The very strange thing is that the app raises exception only at first time,
when DB is empty and, more strange, if I execute in debug mode, all works
well !
I try anything but I don't find any solution.

Any suggestions?

*Andrea*