cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Resin Servlet Container
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 18:25:40 GMT

On Jun 4, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:

> 1. Is Cayenne compatible with the Resin Servlet Container?
> 2. If so, is there any difference in the configuration of the
> deployment descriptor?

Cayenne doesn't care that much about the container. There are only a
few optional integration points and even those are standardized by
J2EE and work similar across all containers from the Cayenne POV.
Those points are:

* JNDI lookup of the DataSource (optional)
* servlet filter used to bootstrap Cayenne (also optional)
* container transaction management (unless you are using EJBs, you
probably don't care about that).

FWIW I used Cayenne with Resin and it just works.

Andrus