cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Consolidate query and object cache
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:37:51 GMT

On Jun 10, 2010, at 3:47 AM, Bob Schellink wrote:

> It would be great to consolidate shared and local query caches
> though. That will reduce the surface
> area of the problem space a bit. Not sure if such a change would be
> feasible however.

We have a QueryCache wrapper class called NestedQueryCache that allows
to attach multiple contexts to the same underlying shared cache
without creating key conflicts. It is not used by default (don't
remember why), but can be configured via a custom cache factory.

I think we can (should?) initialize all ObjectContexts with
NestedQueryCache via injection in 3.1.

Andrus