cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Consolidate query and object cache
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 04:39:40 GMT
Hi all,

In the cache docs[1] it mentions there are plans to consolidate the query and object caches
at some
stage. If that happens, would cache groups still be necessary?

While I find cache groups flexible, it requires quite a bit of planning and manual configuration
implement successfully. The problem is further compounded by the different caches - local
vs shared
and object vs query. We've been bitten a number of times where the query cache isn't cleared
when
updating objects.

Is my assumption correct that if object and query cache is consolidated, Cayenne would be
able to
automatically clear the query cache if an object has changed?

Kind regards

Bob

[1]: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/caching-and-fresh-data.html