cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Old web application needs a second database
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 12:19:52 GMT

On May 3, 2010, at 3:12 PM, Borut BolĨina wrote:

> There will be cayenne.xml (with node A) and
> my-cayenne.xml (with node A and B) on the classpath. Is that why?

Yes.

#1 is created implicitly when you call
DataContext.createDataContext(). That's the one returned from
Configuration.getSharedConfiguration().

#2 you will have to create yourself and store somewhere. E.g. in a
ServletContext attribute.

DefaultConfiguration conf = new DefaultConfiguration("my-cayenne.xml");
// store it for the app duration soemwhere

// later when you need a new context:
Configuration conf = .. // get it from ServletContext or from where
you put it
return conf.getDomain().createDataContext();

Andrus