cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: EJBQL and Refreshing Data
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 07:04:54 GMT

On May 6, 2010, at 11:53 PM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:

> Congratulations to you all on getting 3.0 formally released.

thanks :-)

> I have lodged a new ticket "CAY-1427" for this presumed bug below.
> I see that maybe I could add a unit test into;
>
> 	org.apache.cayenne.ejbql.EJBQLCompiledExpressionTest

Just found the test for EJBQL fetch joins:
DataContextEJBQLFetchJoinTest. It seems to be available on 3.1 and 3.0
branches and it has a LEFT OUTER join test. Maybe you can look at it
and see if the test is wrong.

> I can't easily see where the "artists and paintings" database SQL
> lives which presumably gets populated into some database when the
> tests are setup.  Is that somewhere accessible?

The schema for the test DB is setup via static methods. See
CayenneCase class (superclass of DB-aware unit tests) for details.

* To clean the DB, call CayenneCase.deleteTestData().

* There are various ways to create new data. We used Spring XML in
3.0, in 3.1 we created a special helper subproject "cayenne-test-
utilities". A release independent way would be to use SQLTemplate.

Andrus