cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Arnaud Garcia <arn...@imagemed-87.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne 'the book', Was: Cayenne 3.0 is released
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 09:13:53 GMT
Hello,

Thanks Ari,

Ready to help !

Writing a book for Cayenne is very important for the project now... (for
marketing...) But beyond marketing lot of developpers (as me) know just 20%
of what we can do with Cayenne... and it is a bit frustrating..

Another point, is the integration with other frameworks (Tapestry, Wicket,
...). In the book we have to add some parts for this, because in a web
project, ORM is important, but we have to work with all of theses
frameworks, and you know that it is also a challenge !

It is very hard to find a book which talk about how to build a full web
application. But I really think,  we can do this because developpers just
need to know 'how to start' and how to correctly integrate these frameworks.

Very often IT managers, developpers choose a framework because they have a
complete example... So if we want to help Cayenne developpers teams we have
to share our experience with these frameworks integration problems...and I
really think it is a key for the success...

So, I think it will be very interesting two have some 'parts' with real
project (kind of real life tutorial):

A VERY simple draft can be:

... PART I : CAYENNE
            -
            - architecture of the framework..
            -  ...
            -
... PART II : WEB PROJECTS
      -
      - Wicket
             - how to set up a project : Maven, Cayenne, selenium....
             - how to wrap Cayenne object with Wicket models ?
                   - Why Wicket serialization mechanism could be a problem
with Cayenne ...
             -
             - How to test your web app : Selenium configuration,
             - Optimization: Jmeter configuration (Thread group, ...)

      - Tapestry

.... PART 3

Arnaud