cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne 3.0 is released
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 07:59:49 GMT
Yes, in fact I was going to mention that on the dev list, but since
this question came up here...

We've already been doing some work on 3.1 while waiting for 3.0 to
stabilize. A few things that are already available on the SVN trunk
and will be included in the first 3.1 milestone are:

* Switched org.apache.cayenne.conf package to a completely new
configuration approach using a small built-in dependency injection
(DI) container. (this is actually pretty big - it resulted in a bunch
of improvements in many places).
* Simplified project structure by allowing only one DataDomain per
project (multiple domains can be used as separate projects)
* Switched Modeler preferences away from HSQLDB to use Java
preferences API. So no more lost preferences.

There are other things on the TODO list. Not all of them will make 3.1
(as we are hoping that full 3.1 cycle will be much shorter than 3.0).
Here are a few notable ones:

* Auto-merging multiple projects into one in runtime (this will allow
for easier implementation of reusable libraries that contain ORM
mapping).
* Merging SelectQuery and EJBQLQuery into a single object query that
can be created either via API or from String.
* Fully parameterized Collections returned from ObjectContext.

Cheers,
Andrus