cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Cayenne Connection Pool Monitoring - to solve "out of connections" error
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 16:30:29 GMT
Ari,

My original question was how can I query the Cayenne Connection Pool Manger to find out how
many connections are currently open and how many are currently closed?

Is there a way to do this via the Cayenne API?  (If there is I have not been able to determine
how to access the PoolManager from the DataContext, or whatever means is available.)

I would like to start with the standard API first if possible.

Joe

On May 12, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> On 13/05/10 1:46 AM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
>> I don't believe I can execute the steps outlined in your reference (1. the problem
is not reproducible on my development machine and 2. the webhost prevents command line access
like this on the Linux server.)

>> Any other ideas?:)
>
> Attach a profiler like YourKit to the running application: that also lets you get a thread
dump at any time. And Andrus mentioned subclassing DriverDataSourceFactory earlier.