cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Tutorial Persistent Objects
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:51:36 GMT
When you downloaded Cayenne, there should've been a "tutorials"
directory in the package.  The source code for the tutorials is in
that directory.  I believe you are wanting "tutorial" and not the ROP
ones.

mrg

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Galia Yer <galiayer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, to all!
> I'm Maurizio, a newbie of Cayenne.
> I'd like to explore Cayenne functionality, in order to include it in some projects.
>
> I'm following Getting Started tutorial descrived at:
> http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/tutorial.html
>
> I cannot go further to this page:
> http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/tutorial-persistent-objects.html
> In Create New Objects session, I cannot see source code to include to the "main" method
of the Main class.

> ____
>
> Create New Objects
>
> Now we'll create a bunch of objects and save them to the database. An object is created
and registered with ObjectContext using "newObject" method. Objects must be registered with
DataContext to be persisted and to allow setting relationships with other objects. Add this
code to the "main" method of the Main class: