cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Nishant Neeraj <nishant.has.a.quest...@gmail.com>
Subject Conditions when PersistenceState gets "hollow"
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 17:59:39 GMT
Hi,

I am using Cayenne with Wicket.

There are situations when I see object's persistence state HOLLOW.
Specially, when I have committed something on a page, say by form
submission, .... then clicked browser back button to come back to the same
page and try to resubmit the form.

The problem is, when resubmitting, instead of over-writing the same object..
it is trying to insert it in DB.. but since it has unique key that conflicts
which previous commit, MySQL throws an exception.

I wanted to know what are the situations when a data object is assigned
HOLLOW?

Thanks
Nishant